How do we use the information you give us?
We use the information you provide us:
- To administer your account and may disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing your order.
- And, from time to time, to inform you by post, email or other available means of products, services, promotions and special offers from our retail outlet and The Fish Film Company Group of Companies.
- We will only contact you by telephone if there is a query regarding your order.
Disclosing information we collect to third parties
- We will only pass on your details to third parties, who may contact you for marketing purposes by mail or email, or research agencies with your prior approval. We will never disclose your payment details to these third parties.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We do pass your details to The Fish Film Companys' approved Customer Service centres, who adhere to the UK Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998, and who will use this data solely for the purpose of answering your customer service queries.
- In the unlikely event that information is transferred outside the UK, we will ensure the security of that information.
By using our website, you consent to the information you provide being processed for any of the above purposes, except where you have chosen to opt out of being contacted by us or third parties. If you are registered with My Details, you may change this option at any time. You can also unsubscribe by email in the Customer Service section by selecting Remove Me From Mailing. Please ensure you list all the email and postal addresses you have given us in the past. Alternatively, write to us at: E-commerce (Customer Relations), The Fish Film Company, Unit 1 Learoyd Road, New Romney, TN28 8XU.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer hard drive.
- To ensure that items are placed into your Shopping Basket and orders are processed correctly.
- To identify you as you travel around our site.
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will further help us improve and develop the products and services we offer.
No recognisable personal information is stored in the cookie that can link it back to an individual.
You will need to ensure your cookies are enabled which will allow you to register your details and to purchase from our site.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
At www.aftrading.com we take your online security very seriously. Full details of how we protect the information you provide us are given below.
- When you place your order, you are offered the use of an advanced secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- As an additional security measure, credit card numbers are encrypted both before an order is processed and when stored on our database.
- We guarantee to comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the UK Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998 to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
To check the security of our website, simply look in the lower bar of your browser when you fill in your payment details. You will see an unbroken key or closed lock, showing that encryption is active and your information is secure. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email but use the secure facility provided on this website.